Yours phonetically, Kattappa!

‘Kattappaaa!’, I animatedly yell at no one in particular from time to time. My empty war cries travel across the length and breadth of our apartment, only to collide with quizzical stares and die inaudible deaths. I believe there’s a vocal magnetism attached to the very name ‘Kattappa’ that triggers its utterance at alternating intervals of time.

I am one of those late subscribers to the Bahubali franchise, who watched the beginning and the conclusion all on the same day, to overcome the so-called ‘handicap’ of not having savoured Rajamouli’s magnum opus motion picture, that the nation was obsessing about, only to become obsessed with Kattappa, the slave warrior, an epic all by himself. The protector and the destroyer, troubled by his self-imposed inner turmoil. Perhaps, a veteran Hamlet who has outgrown procrastination. No one could have essayed this iconic role better than Sathyaraj.

There is a strangely satisfying exclamatory feel to the sound of Kattappa. The plosive phonetics of the name ‘Kattappa’ thrills me with the very explosiveness of its expression. A sweeping rewind takes me back to my phonetics class in college where our professor once threw plosive sounds at us, shocking the somnolent vibes of a somber afternoon session.

/p/, /t/, and /k/

“Pa..Ta..Ka..” he had expectorated vehemently at us then, shaking us wide awake from our after lunch reveries. And now, years later in a distant land, “Ka..Ta..Pa..” I expectorate back, in reverse, repeatedly, fervently, with a vengeance… to no one in particular.

Explosive!

Comments

  1. very informative post American state|on behalf of me} as i'm perpetually craving for new content that may facilitate me and my data grow higher.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very attention-grabbing diary. lots of blogs I see recently do not extremely give something that attract others, however i am most positively fascinated by this one. simply thought that i'd post and allow you to apprehend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really appreciate your skilled approach. These square measure items of terribly helpful data which will be of nice use on behalf of me in future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing web log and really fascinating stuff you bought here! I positively learned plenty from reading through a number of your earlier posts in addition and set to drop a discuss this one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let the show begin!

Colossal Contemplations

Summer on wheels!