Interpretation of Dreams





                        Perhaps I should have titled this post just ‘Dreams’. I’d not only have done Freud a favor, but also to myself in uncomplicating matters, simply because the truth about dreams, I feel,  is that they can never be interpreted fully. They are these indecipherable bits of moondust that seep into your brain in the dead of night, to trick you into believing that your cat is not dead, your apartment watchman is an FBI agent, your car is really a Ferrari in Maruti disguise, your swimming pool has an underground connection that drains into the Pacific ocean, your kitchen water purifier has started running wine, your maid is an alien from Andromeda and best of all, those un-called for siesta dreams that graciously grant you entire evenings free of cost, when you’ve just dreamt that a day has passed you by.

                      The latest dream that poked me awake from my sleep involved characters & altered visuals from Chemmeen accompanied by the eerie background orchestral soundtrack from 2001: A Space Odyssey. I woke up just as Karuthamma started jet skiing towards a whirlpool and the music was reaching a crazy crescendo. My better half who does not dream much, and enjoys sound sleep even if made to lie down on top of a Dolby digital sound box, says that my interminable dreaming is a sign of some serious disease for which medical science has not yet found a remedy. To him my dreams and the associated antics I accomplish mid slumber are a wonder!

                Funny dreams are always manageable. One can even have endless fun interpreting them. But there are dreams that are best left uninterpreted; sinister doomy dreams that haunt for days afterward, dreams without rhyme or reason, dreams that are morbid, hazy and vague, dreams so surreal that they might have just been extracted out of a Salvador Dali painting or a Franz Kafka novel, dreams that traverse through unknown labyrinthine mazes of mystery, dreams that leave me paralyzed and helpless, holding me back from waking up…. dreams that I cannot even translate into words.

               There are times when a dream remains afloat on the surface of my mind, from where I can re-play them over and over again, or perhaps narrate it to some unfortunate fellow who would of course be having better things to do in life than being subjected to my theatrics & histrionics. But at times these dreams just disappear into the depths of my slumber to be gone forever, for good, leaving me with a feeling that I’d just seen something I shouldn't have, or something I will never understand.

Ah…..dreams…Wonder what’s next. 
Just can’t wait for nightfall to know…or maybe, never know.


Pic Courtesy : Google

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let the show begin!

Colossal Contemplations

Summer on wheels!