Twist in the Tale


I've always been fond of certain words, though I've never been able to explain why. Certain words like elusive... insane... perhaps…reason…poignant…absurd…tranquil…twist…. TWIST!...  Let me stop and breathe for a moment… A recent turn of events on a bygone evening certainly seems to have caused a few tectonic shifts in my perspective of words.

Looking back it seems that I've always loved certain words very much, as they have always maintained a safe distance from my life. Tranquil, Absurd, Poignant & co. are all welcome for tea at my table, provided they have the tea, samosas, chit-chat and leave my table to never come back, unless I request them to return. But this guy…Twist… Well, he came for tea, uninvited, ate up all the samosas too and never left.

A minor road accident which involved zero vehicles, but ‘n’number of loose gravel on a busy road-side and who else, but the miserable me. Wish I could just rewind and delete off that ill-fated minute from my life-clock.

‘’Played football…eh?!” The goggled radiologist had jokingly asked. Somehow I had a feeling that it meant nothing good. But as I had been too tired at that juncture to deconstruct or analyze anything for foul-play, I left it at ‘football’ and scowled up a smile in return for the jibe.

“Lucky, we've no broken bones here
Just an ankle twist, a lil’ ligament rupture there
Be glad, it’s no big prolonged nightmare!”

The Ortho’s words are still continually flapping and rapping at the membranes of my ear drum…

I hate sitting in one place for more than 5 minutes, but that’s all what I do now. My bottom is sore from sitting round the clock, keeping my right foot elevated so as to lessen the swelling on my ankle. My brand new ankle braces look good though. I often fantasize that it looks like Kalki Koechlin’s leather boots I’d seen in a magazine somewhere, and it makes me feel good.

I have converted my computer chair into something like a customized wheel chair on which I've been rocking n rolling around the apartment like a crazy desperado. Well, it’s not too much fun, but at least my end-to-end logistics needs are met.... I can pepper my omelettes and sugar my tea, and even roast up fancy potato fantasies for my darling 4 year old, who is more than excited watching my ‘fast and furious’ avatar unfold, perched upon my new mode of conveyance; clapping & cheering me on, as I roar and tear through my rag kingdom.

Well, Ciao then. 
Off to refine that tricky computer-chair drifting technique now ;)


                                                         Pic Courtesy:  Google 

Comments

  1. Lol ! And guess what...twist is a funny word ! When I told my cousin I twisted my ankle, she sang that song from Love Aaj Kal..' And we twist, twist twist ..twist !!' ...!! So funny....NOT !

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes...and ''funny'' is another one of those dangerous words I say ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ABSURD is itself ridicules... isnt it..???

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Let the show begin!

Colossal Contemplations

Summer on wheels!